Print Page   |   Sign In   |   Register
3rd Party Certification
Share |

3rd Party Certification


EarthCraft Virginia

There are many third party certification programs to verify the performance of your home.  BRHBA has strongly endorsed the Earthcraft program as it has been adapted specifically to our climate.  Find an Earthcraft Certified Builder HERE.

Other recognized certification programs used to verify the performance of a newly built home:

Whole House Certification
HERS (Home Energy Rating System)
Passive House
LEED for Homes
Energy Star for New Homes
Energy Star Home Performance for Renovations 
EPA Indoor airPLUS
EPA WaterSense



NAHB Master Certified Green Professional


Exclusively for experienced building industry professionals, the Master Certified Green Professional (Master CGP) designation comprises a more in-depth study of green building science and methods. The courses required for the designation cover topics like building science techniques, the high-performance home and marketing strategies for selling green. You’ll learn ways to decrease liabilities associated with green building and how to incorporate green building certification into your scheduling and project management. The Master CGP builds on the Certified Green Professional (CGP) designation and expands into the mechanics of green building. Requirements: Must be a building industry professional with five years of green building experience and have built, remodeled or been involved with the construction of at least three dwellings in a three-year period to a recognized local, state or national certified green residential program; completion of the four required courses.  Find out how to become a Master CGP!

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal